Sunday 10 April 2016

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER

My friend is a medical doctor and works with National Hospital, Abuja. He's in love with a waitress in Obitex wine shop on my street. He sought my advice on whether a highly educated man like him can stoop so low to marry a woman who's barely educated; a woman who merely serve drinks in a street bar.

He told me how he loves her and can kill for her.
He said that no woman has found a place in his heart like her. And that she's the best he can choose.

I'm also a witness to this girl's humility and homeliness. I could remember one day, when her madam confessed that she will miss her diligence in her duties, if she someday leaves for another place.

I asked my friend why he had to choose her, "but for her diligence in her duties, I am enchanted, Charles" "This girl smiles, even when it is obvious she's tired ", he also replied.

He has proposed marriage to her, but the lady is still confused, because in some of her questions, she asked: "Doctor, what did you really see in me?" "Why not look for a woman of your level?" Why did you choose an illiterate like me?"

Oh, my God!

May I reveal that my friend will be introducing himself to the girl's family by next month.

Oh, gush! What love could do? And he told me that he has planned to train her to any level of education she wishes.

Oh, have you reasoned this and realize that a times love has a different gift for you?
Are you so educated and have been thinking of marrying an educated person too?
Are you from a rich home and have also desired to settled down with a person from a very affluent background?

Sometimes in life we anticipate a particular lifestyle; we want our lives to replicate that of the mightiest. Sometimes we wanna dance and dine with the most influential in the society, but unknown to us that life begets the contrary for us. Perhaps, the best for our souls and living; a partner you will forever feel at rest with.

I have seen where a PhD holder married a school dropout, and later brought her to limelight.
I have seen a king marry his house-help. Just because of her humility.
I have seen the rich marry, dine and wine with the poor.
I have seen a princess condescend to marry a local boy. This is not a fairytale. It's a reality. It can happen to anybody.

What about you?
Love is unfathomable.
Love sees from afar, and can see from the eyes of the rich or educated to those of the poor or illiterate.

What matters most is the love and compatibility.
What matters most is what both of you feel for each other, not your educational status, not even your financial or societal levels.
What matters are the qualities you see in the person.

Friends, do you have a woman or man who has taken your breath away?
Do you feel love for that lady or man who is not even educated; who is not even your level in everything; who's just a street girl?
Could you see beauty and humility in the eyes of that lady on the subway of your street? Have you fallen in love with that waitress in a local bar?
Why not go for her or him?
Why not pitch your tent where it would be most comfortable for you?
Why not reciprocate the love of the one who loves you more, and leave that which seems too hard to reach?

Love does not remember or consider one's societal status when it dominates the heart of a man.
A times love makes its custodians look foolish, though they are very wise.

Sometimes love has to see clearly; love has to choose the one most available for it; love has to marry a pauper, not crazily the most handsome or the most beautiful, or, the richest.

I have reasoned this and realize that a times we force ourselves the beauties that never needed us.

Beauty, they say, lies in the eyes of the beholder.
The woman I found beautiful, may remain ugly to you forever, but it doesn't matter, so far I really love her from the depth of my heart.

I have advised my friend to follow his heart. I told him to stick to his feelings.
Love is the best and sweetest feelings to behold.
Love is the hardest addiction to quit.
Love is a feeling you can't reject or hide.

Just go for your heart, and you would be fine.

The question is:
Do you need an understanding and understandable half-educated lifetime partner, who loves and cares, or, a very educated rich one who does not care whether you lives?

Remember, that the choice of a lifetime partner is the most critical choice everybody must make.

Look inside the heart, not the beauties of the body.

Written by Charles Dennis, Esq.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment

Ads Inside Post