Monday 6 March 2017

THEY ALL LEFT...

THEY ALL LEFT
         BY prize Nwenearizi

Moments passed but It was like the passing of a bad dream.
1,2,3,4, I counted the stars
And a little tear dropped carelessly down to my chest
1,2,3,4,5,6, I counted again trying to exceed my previous numbers but my voice was the echo of a bereaved kingdom
My nose was running and I choked with my breath.

I cleaned my tears with my palms and and looked up to the sky again
The tiny light was fading away and the moon was getting shy
The cloud became darker and the cool breeze turn to a cold nightmare.


Thunders struck and once again the chaste darkness was disvirgined by the fleeting lights(meaning? )
"Uuuhmmm" I folded my body with my thought and never moved an inch.

The grass was getting wet and the soil was cold already
My blood was cold too
But my eyes were still red hot because  my tears has turned it an abode of hell.

At last the long awaited rain started falling
I remained calm in the open field and I sat like an old monk
I cried so hard but the rain washed my tears off hardly too
My little friends the stars ran away
Even the moon who stood by me in the dark could not stand the rain with me.
"But all will be fine," I said to myself.

After the rain I stood up
The stars and the moon came back shyly knowing how they betrayed me
I walked away without saying goodbye to them and all alone I went home to find true sleep.

Prize Nwenearizi
Literature is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment

Ads Inside Post