Saturday 11 March 2017

TOO FAR TO COME HOME

TOO FAR🛤 TO COME HOME🏘
       By Prize Nwenearizi

I Looked how far I have gone in this lonely road,
How distant I have crawled from home,
How far I was lost from you
And all that could happen to me was free rolling of tears.

I saw a picture in my mind
A picture of you and I walking down the wet streets
Hands tied together like black slaves
But it was just a picture
A sweet sorrowful memory buried in the past.

For a long time now I was gone
Gone too far and I cannot trace back my steps for they have been washed away from the surface of the sand like a faded memory
I was lost from the world
I was like the only soul in a world of noise
I went too far from home.

So in this solitude I cannot think far
Nor allow dreams to lay on same bed with me
I know you loved me when we were free
When life has not taken too much from its kindness
When I make love to you too good that you always leave your panties around the ears of the bed
I know then you loved me.

Like I earlier said,I have gone to far
I cannot go back from here
Solitude is harmful but it has given me the chance to think for myself
And if there should be a day of us you should remember, remember the day I slept on the cold floor while you slept on the peaceful bed.

Songs of soul
Prize Nwenearizi.

Kiara Inspires
Label: Poem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment

Ads Inside Post