Thursday 17 November 2016

A SAD MEMORY OR A SWEET ONE?

While in the Nigerian Law School, Enugu campus, a girl fell in love with me. I could feel the intensity of her love for me.
I didn't give her much attention, because 'I wasn't (in Enugu) on a pleasure trip, but on a business trip' (study). She loved me and everything I did.

However, I left Enugu upon the completion of my programme. She missed me. We talked several times on phone, but obviously I wasn't ready for marriage. I was a year old at the Bar when she called to tell me that a man was seeking her hand in marriage. She asked if I was there really or should she accept the man's proposal. I told her to go on, because I wasn't ready.

It was never easy for her, tho, but as the only child of her late parents, she grew up with her grandmother and needed to comply with the pressure of settling down quickly. She eventually married the man.

Thereafter, I lost her contact. But, on a certain day, I got a WhatsApp chat from her. She chatted to tell me that she had put to bed a twin. But, one amazing thing she said was that on the kind permission of her husband, she named one of the babies after me (Charles); in remembrance of whom I was to her. She told the husband everything about me and the man accepted her request.

Now, the questions are: what do you leave in people's heart? A sad memory or a sweet one?

If I was bad to her, she wouldn't think of naming her son after me.
I'm not the best, but we must endeavour to leave good memories in whatever we do.

Always do share to inspire others, thanks...

Written By Barr. Charles Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment

Ads Inside Post