Sunday 17 January 2016

ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL BY LIZA PAVALAKOS

When I was 16 and homeless, I look back and reflect about how I felt.
I had a few friends around me, till today, I call them my best friends and if they are reading this article today, they know EXACTLY who they are. My best friends couldn't be with me at all hours of the night,so the fact is, no matter how much they tried to be there,
almost most nights I felt very alone.

However, the truth is, I wasn't alone.This is because I believed in the Devine Power whom I call God. I understand that everyone has their own set of beliefs and I respect that we all believe what ever feels right in our hearts.
If it comes from a place of pure light and love, then believe in what feels right for you.

Although I was alone, I felt an energy that was always protecting me.
I continuously stumbled into hardship. It didn't matter what happened to me, I somehow was numb to the pain especially when perpetrators would hurt me. Professionals will call that numbness trauma and it most likely is, but I would call it a gift from God, for helping me get through my hardship, whilst feeling somewhat numb.

I was able to contact 24 hour counselling help lines for free in Australia, any time of the day or night and till today, I will be ever so grateful for having their support in being able to talk to someone in the late hours of the night.

I write many articles with so much passion in this area of hurt and homelessness because I believe that no matter what, we are all not alone. There is always someone in your life that loves you dearly and appreciates you, and maybe, it is you who hasn't told that one person how much you
appreciate them.
 
Even when you think there is no one there to stand by you, understand that you are still never alone, as there is a Higher Source and Devine power that is always guiding you and watching over you.
There is always something for you to be grateful for..

As Lao Tzu, Philosopher and poet from Ancient China wrote “ Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are, when you realize nothing is lacking, the whole world belongs to you.”
My greatest love to you,
 
Liza Pavlakos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment

Ads Inside Post