Sunday 29 November 2015

TRUE LIFE STORY OF KAILEY COLLINS

I have debated whether to post these pictures or not. I truly hope that these images does not open wound for any of my friends but I have to share this story.

October 30th 2015, I was on my way to work when I was rear ended on the interstate. I was at the complete spot, waiting to get off at an exit. The person who hit me was going full speed and spun me out across the interstate. 

According to the police report, my vehicle was struck multiple times.

I do not remember any of the impacts beyond the initial hit. I just remember a loud noise and feeling my car spinning. I remember looking out the window (as I was struggling with consciousness and seeing cars heading towards me. I remember thinking that I needed to straighten my car out but I couldn't reach my steering wheel. ( I realized after the fact that my seat had failed and I was completely flat in my back seat, this action alone should have completely broken my neck or my spine.)

In that moment, I knew that I was about to die. I share this because I had no sorrow at such thought.  I knew that I was about to see Jesus and I had no fear.

After my car stopped, I realized that I was still very much alive, normal confusion and fear took over as I was unsure of what has particularly just happened.

I suffered cuts, briuses and great deal of pain on my left side. I am also suffering from the after effects of a concussion but I AM ALIVE!

All this is to say that in that moment, the one moment where death seemed to be imminent,  I was okay. I was okay because I knew that God had made way for me to spend eternity with him. That way is through my relationship with Jesus Christ.  I know that I am a sinner and sin serves as a separation between God and I. When Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead 2000 years ago, he took the punishment for my sin upon himself and created a bridge for me to rest in the security of God's love and mercy for all eternity.

When death seemed unavoidable,  I was ready to see my God and Saviour.

I share this because no one knows what the next day will bring. I wasn't speeding or distracted. There was literally nothing I could have done to avoid this accident.

If you were in the same place, do you know for sure where you will stand with God?

I am not sure why God will allow me to live when so many others in similar conditios have not. But I hope my story will encourage everyone who reads it to know where they stand with God.

If you are unsure, please don't wait or procastinate. 
Tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone. If you are unsure, start in the book of Luke in the New Testament and of course,  I will always take time to talk with anyone.

This is too important! You have nothing to lose by reading a book but everything to gain.

Blessings to everyone!

**Don't forget to share**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment

Ads Inside Post